Tuesday 17 July 2012

Ceramics Painting @ Home! I love Suffolk Indeed

Early start of last week, I was talking to one of my friends about another order for a 'hand painted mug'...  We were discussing idea's when I suggested...

"Hey, why don't you come round to my house and I'll teach you, that way, the mug is super personal, as you would have painted it yourself?"  

This we both agreed and set a date...

This morning I set up the table, laid out the paints, palette, pencils, brushes and scalpel (at the ready in case we needed to remove any paint from the unfired mug) and I awaited to see what design my friend would be painting, onto this special mug!


In between waking this morning, cleaning the house, doing the washing up and getting ready, I resumed the craft of a little book I had started to make at the start of this month.

At art school, I was once taught how to stitch books and create them...  Book binding is so fun to do and you can have as many pages you like, what types of paper, thickness, texture...  again, another totally personal item!  

MY FAVOURITE!

Below is a picture of what i've stitched so far...  I have two more pages to add, then I will be adding a brown felt lining, followed by a brown leather cover.  I will be finishing this tonight whilst relaxing with the man and drinking an orange squash (yes, I know how to live on the wild side ;) ).


As I type...


...  At this exact moment, my friend is over and painting this very special mug...  The design is amazing and incredibly thoughtful, not to mention well planned!  I will keep you posted with pictures and you will be able to see the finished mug start of next week, maybe even end of this week...  Stay tuned!

Also note...  If anyone else would like me to make a home visit, or hold a small painting/ceramics party, let me know and I will be happy to supply my services and painting knowledge.


Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment