Thursday 21 June 2012

Art Ipswich Town Hall - Suffolk Craft Society

This week I completed a felt/fabric illustration of 'Ipswich Town Hall' for an open exhibition that is being run from Friday 22nd June - 14th July 2012 at the 'Suffolk Craft Society'.

A few months back, I stood observing the market that takes place outside Ipswich's Town Hall.  I took a quick snap on my iphone and kept it by encase I should ever want to draw the moment.

I saw an advertisement from the 'Suffolk Craft Society' for an open exhibition that they had coming up, so thought this was the perfect opportunity to use my 'snap'... here was the outcome...


First quick sketch of the Town Hall


Sizing the illustration up for the frame


Felt pieces cut and being stitched down my sewing machine - here I used a 
thick black cord to emphasise certain features within the illustration


Machine work done, with a use of thick and thin black cord - Now time 
to add in finer detail and unusual/abstract markings by hand stitching


Completed


Framed


The finished product - felt/fabric illustration before being framed

Overall I was really pleased with this piece and I thoroughly enjoyed creating it.  If you would like an abstract felt/fabric illustration commissioned for yourself, or as a gift for someone, please feel free to contact me on the following and I will be more than happy to discuss your ideas.



Please also note, that this Sunday 24th June I will be exhibiting at St Peter's Street - Summer Market...
So feel free to pop down and say hi!


Thank you for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment