Tuesday 4 December 2012

Cake, BBC Radio Suffolk & the Future

As mentioned in the previous blog post, here is what happened to the fabulous home made cake by 'Huny Bun Bakery'...

After no one won the cake by 'Huny Bun Bakery' on my stall at the Christmas market, held by 'I Make Fun Stuff', I wondered what to do with it.  I spoke to my mum in the morning and told her how the market had gone, when she came up with the brilliant idea...


"Well, what about BBC Radio Suffolk?  They love Suffolk and I'm sure would appreciate the cake?"

... And with that I sent an email to Lesley Dolphin (I had been on Lesley's show over a year ago via telephone, discussing 'I Love Suffolk'), within the hour I was asked if I wanted to go on 'BBC Radio Suffolk' and talk about how the Christmas market went...  I was so excited to go to the studio and thrilled that the cake was going to be enjoyed!



When I arrived I was warmly greeted by Sarah and led into the 'green room'?  Well, it was a very green room and I was very excited to be there!



So, I met Lesley before going on air and I was very nervous...  Lesley was so warm and welcoming and I tried to relax, but the thought of going live on air was terrifying!  All of you who know me, know how scatty I can be and I didn't want to sound that way on air.

Regardless the chat went very well and I got to mention the market, my product, 'Huny Bun Bakery', 'Loveone' and the ceramic painting workshops I had coming up.  Overall a very enjoyable experience, but I think Lesley and the team enjoyed it more, as they got to eat some very yummy cake!  The next day Lesley sent me this picture via twitter, the cake being cut...


I would like to thank 'Huny Bun Bakery' and Lesley at 'BBC Radio Suffolk' for their time and hope to keep a close relationship with both parties.

Thank you for reading and remember to listen to Lesley's show on 'BBC Radio Suffolk' daily from 12:30 - 4pm here...

Don't forget my website too...

No comments:

Post a Comment