Thursday 1 November 2012

Drawing a Portrait and Illustrating a Vineyard

Last month, I was asked by a very successful Suffolk body, if I could illustrate their vineyard/holiday home in France for their company logo... 

Husband and wife team explained to me the 'nature' of their business and what their vineyard/home means to them.  I understood early on how much this business means to them, not just as a venture, but personally too.  I knew I had to display the charm of this unique home in France as an illustration, as well as including its beautiful surroundings, of the vineyard.

I studied a few different images of the home and its location and got to work.  I created a couple of illustrations, but the final image is shown below...




The final logo


I was thrilled to be involved in such an exciting project and am looking forward to its formal launch this month.  For more details on this business ' My Organic Vineyard' follow the links below:

...

Earlier on this year I also started a new relationship with my fella, Vernon.  Some of you have probably already met him at events alongside me, helping out and supporting my work.  But my artistic portrait skills have been calling me and I had an overwhelming urge to draw him.  I searched through my phone to find a good shot, picked up my paper and some old charcoal I recently found at my parents house (to which I haven't touched since high school) and started to draw...  



In the space of 10 minutes I created the following portrait and was rather happy with the outcome.  I am aware some areas need 'tweaking' but nothing I can't work on and perfect next time I decide to draw him.


End of last month I also visited London to see a couple of old University friends.  Whilst in London I visited my holy ground, 'The National Portrait Gallery'.  The contents of this building inspire me like nothing else and every year I make an effort to visit at least once.  I am greatly inspired by Tudor portraiture and made my regular visit to the two most influential portraits in my life...



If you have never been to 'The National Portrait Gallery' I urge you to go...  It is incredible and a certain must next time you are in London.

Thank you for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment