Monday 9 April 2012

Welcome 2012!

It has been over seven months since I last posted a blog, A lot has happened within that time and I needed the break away from 'I Love Suffolk' to sort my personal life and focus on what really mattered in life... With that said and done, I now welcome 2012 and 'I Love Suffolk' back into my life...


The last couple of weeks I have been prepping and organising my work, to exhibit at art shows, craft fairs and other bits and pieces.  I am thoroughly excited and keen to get on with these new ventures.

About a month ago I started to get back into illustrating, as it has been so long.  I started by creating a simple paper-cut/illustration of the sign 'Welcome to Ipswich'.  Image below.


It was fun to do and I think it came out rather well.  It was a good start back into creating art again.

I then continued by creating a paper-cut/illustration of the Orwell Bridge...


This I also really enjoyed making, as it helped ease myself back into the creative mind.

When I was sorting out my portfolio, I came across a little illustration I done a few years back, I had forgotten this day, the fresh air, what this Church meant to me and the funny memories...  It also made me smile, as it seemed to have been a sign of who was about to walk back into my life.  That's also another reason for my ability to get on with 'I Love Suffolk' again.  I have the support from a group of many amazing people in my life, for whom I am very grateful of knowing.  I said before that I feel blessed to have met some wonderful people and again, I can never say it enough,

'I Love Suffolk' is back for business. 


No comments:

Post a Comment