Friday 22 July 2011

Paintings, Illustrations and Portraits in Suffolk

I love to draw and paint in a variety of styles. 

In this post, I am going to show you different examples of what I can do and what you can commission.


The line drawing above, was commissioned as an 'engagement/moving in' present.


I - Scream, Ipswich.

Angle, Ipswich.


The Galley Restaurant, Ipswich (this illustration is in progress).


College Gate, Ipswich. Paper cut illustration.

I also paint portraits, please see examples below of the line drawing, then the painted image.


Harry


Harry


Tom


 Tom

I also paint portrait miniatures, the painting below is of my friend Dasha and I at Halloween, hence the unusual clothing and face paint!


Full image of the portrait miniature - 5.5 x 6.7 cm
This is a very small painting!

Portrait miniature painting is a very delicate process.  If you look closely, you can see that the painting is made up of hundreds upon thousands of tiny dots.  You build up layers of paint in sections to create definition and the image.


As you can see, that my styles of art vary.

I love to draw locations, buildings and anywhere of local interest in Suffolk.  Yet I also love to paint portraits.

If you wish to have any style of my art commisioned, please do not hesitate to contact me to discuss further.


Thank you for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment